WEDDING & MARRIAGE POLICY
We believe that marriage is a covenant relationship established by God (Genesis 2: 22-24) and is a representation of Christ, the bridegroom, and His Church, the bride (Ephesians 5:25-32; Revelation 19:7-9).
- Church weddings are available only to regular members of the church or those attending consistently who agree with Northampton Bible Church’s marriage policy and wedding procedures.
- We generally do not perform marriages if one or both parties have been divorced unless there were Biblical grounds for divorce (Matthew 5:31-32; Mark 10:2-12).
- Because God has ordained marriage and defined it as the covenant relationship between a man, a woman, and Himself, Northampton Bible Church will only recognize marriages between a biological man and a biological woman. Further, the staff of Northampton Bible Church shall only participate in weddings and solemnize marriages between one man and one woman. Finally, the facilities and property of Northampton Bible Church shall only host weddings between one man and one woman. (Genesis 2: 22-24, Mark 10: 6-9).
- We generally do not perform marriages if you are presently living together and unwilling to change the living arrangement and Northampton Bible Church will not agree to host your wedding. It is not proper to ask God’s blessing on something condemned in Scripture (Hebrews 13:4; I Thessalonians 4:1-8). Sexual relations are only to be between a husband and wife (Genesis 2:24).
- The Fellowship Hall is not for rent. Members who use it for a reception must abide by certain conditions noted in Procedures for Using Fellowship Hall.
- Pre-marriage counseling is required by a pastor of Northampton Bible Church. A pastor of Northampton Bible Church must determine that the couple seeking marriage in the church is ready to enter into the marriage covenant as established by God (Mark 10:6-9).
- One of the pastors at Northampton Bible Church must be in charge of the wedding ceremony.
If you’re considering Northampton for your wedding ceremony, please download the Northampton Pre-Marriage Information & Application Pack